Dolphin Encounter
I was reviewing our logbook for Sandpiper's passage from Panama City to White City, FL on 1/21/05 and remembered why we sail upon reading this entry:
"In open water on the Gulf a pod of bottle nosed dolpins appeared. For twenty minutes five or more played in our bow wake leaping out of the water, swimming effortlessly, crossing over and under each other, veering off to one side or the other and returning to pass through the pod sometimes on their side or back. Occationally as I leaned out over the bow to watch the most beautiful athletic demonstrations of a side pass I got the distinct impression that they were looking at me as I looked at them. The sense of fun and excitement was infectious and I found myself laughing out loud with delight at each new pass."
What a gift!
Loy


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home